Project Kindness Club was established in 2017 by Mrs. Stella Liopetriti, and is co-sponsored by Mrs. Rania Leventi and Mrs. Athena Antoniou. It is a general charity club which urges students to donate whatever they can, to people who are less privileged than us. Considering that Christmas, a period of love and giving, is approaching Project Kindness Club has decided to organize a charity event, which is quite unique from what we are used to. Instead of donating money, this project requires crafty skills, imagination a bit of your time.
1. Find an old, empty box - if you can't, grab an old shoebox from your wardrobe.
2. Fill your box with small presents such as chocolates, stamps, candy, books, stationery, canned food, scarves, hats, gloves, socks etc.
* OPTIONAL* Check in your wardrobe for clothing items that no longer fit and include them in your box.
3. Decorate your box with creative drawings and wrap it in colourful wrapping paper
4. Label it "GIRL" or "BOY" and the age for which the gifts/clothes are intended for
5. Hand it to one of the teachers in charge by Friday, the 7th December.
You can also donate any blankets or bed sheets you know longer use at home, or winter shoes that you have outgrown (like sports shoes and trainers). For women shoes, sizes 36-42 and for men, sizes 40-46.
oth initiatives were started by the “Refugees in Cyprus” group and the “Kofinou We Care—Volunteers’ Support” group, which tend to the needs of the refugees all over Cyprus. The drop off of all items and boxes collected will take place on Friday, 7th December.
I kindly ask you to become a member of Project Kindness Club and I encourage you to participate in this social project that aims to bring happiness and brighten up the lives of refugee children.