SUCCESSFUL STUDENTS AT THE AMERICAN ACADEMY LARNACA
The American Academy Larnaca wishes to congratulate all those who passed our entrance examinations this year. The standard was very high and following the recent registration we look forward to working with all new members of the Academy family.
As usual there will be five classes and we will be making some exciting announcements about our curriculum over the coming months. The size of our school means that we can offer a wide variety of options to our students.
In addition to the GCE A-Level and GCSE qualifications and our globally accepted Apolytirion, from this year our students will be studying for the French and German national examinations qualifying them to study at degree level in a number of countries in addition to the UK and USA, without the need for a foundation year.
Our aim is to give our graduates the widest range of opportunities whether they aim to study Medicine, Science or any subject of their choice at university and any destination whether Cambridge, UCL, MIT or another university of their choice. Our record of success speaks for itself.
This year, so far, we are very proud that the collective efforts of our students and staff, with the guidance of our counselors, have resulted in the following:
- 3 offers for Cambridge University (in Mechanical, Civil and Chemical Engineering)
- 4 offers for Medicine (Queen Mary University of London x2, University of Dundee, St. George’s University of London)
- 1 offer for Dentistry (Cardiff University)
- 11 offers under the newly introduced “unconditional offers scheme” of UK Universities. Under this scheme, Universities make unconditional offers to students, based on their exceptional GCSE records and for showing excellent potential. Ten of our students were distinguished, one of them receiving offers unconditional places from two different Universities
- Other notable achievements included an astounding performance at the LNAT that granted entry to 2 of our students at the Law department at UCL and another 2 students at the Law Department at King’s College University of London, two of the most competitive and prestigious Law courses in the UK. Moreover, two of our students have offers from the LSE (London School of Economics) in Actuarial Science and Business Mathematics & Statistics, and another securer a place on the prestigious MORSE course of the University of Warwick. Congratulations are due to all our other students who secured their offers, the majority going to Russell group Universities. Most particularly, Imperial College has given us 6 offers, UCL has given 5 offers, King’s College has given 3 offers, the University of Warwick has given 8 offers and the University of Edinburgh 9 offers.